Immediat Supervision :
V.P. Customer Support
Job Duration :
Radio IP (www.radio-ip.com) is a Montreal-based company specializing in the design, sale, installation, and technical support of VPN wireless connectivity solutions for public safety, emergency response and corporate markets.
The Network Engineer's role is to ensure the stability and integrity of LAN and wireless network services used by our client base.
This is achieved by understanding and often planning, designing, and developing client’s area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across their organization.
Network Engineer participate with the installation of Radio IP software products, monitor, maintain, support, and optimize all network hardware, software, and communication links.
This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide Customer Service team and end users training where and when required.
His proficiency in networking makes him the leader of a team of technicians (juniors & seniors) as he will dispatch trouble cases to them based on case severity and priorization.
Before cases are escalated to Engineering for resolution exceeding Customer Service knowledge, this person assure cases are fully documented and meet quality standards set by Engineering sector before they take over.
- Collaborate with department leaders to assess near- and long-term Radio IP product needs.
- Work closely with Project Manager in creating and maintaining documentation as it relates to Pre-installation technical assessment & documentation (SoW), Product testing and Acceptance Test Procedure (ATP) and Installation report (IR) documenting all activities and environment (IR).
- Assess client network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
- Understand clients LANs, WANs and wireless networks, including servers, routers, hubs, switches, UPSs, and other hardware.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Understand and recommend client networks configuration to ensure smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes using Radio IP software.
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Monitor and assess network connectivity of all servers, workstations, telephony equipment, fax machines, and other network appliances.
- Test network performance and provide statistics and reports using Radio IP products toolkit,
- Perform server and security audits, and system backups and recovery.
- Coach and/or provide guidance to junior members of the Customer Service team.
- Installation of Radio IP Software products
- Effectively manage incoming support requests from customers
- Ability to work and lead a group dynamic to resolve support requests
- Effectively communicate pertinent information about projects and support issues
- Document support requests, efforts and results in tracking system
- Analyze the network configuration and software installed at client sites when necessary
- Create installation, technical reports and papers and update Knowledge Base
- University degree in computer science and 4 to 5 years of work experience.
- Certifications in networking
- Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN, WLAN and WWAN designs.
- Proficient with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Strong, hands-on technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards
- Excellent troubleshooting experience.
- Extensive application support experience.
- Competence with testing tools and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and Radio IP products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a very high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Be the expert matter - acumen in the area of networking and troubleshooting client problems in various situations
- Level-up Customer Service savvyness with his coaching & teaching skills.
- Master English language is a must (spoken and writen)
- On-call availability for rotating Off Hours coverage one week every 6 weeks.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity to operate a computer, servers, power tools, and handle other computer components.
- Travel once a month to clients or partners premises.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SECTOR
- Responsible for installation’s of Radio IP product portfolio and the support of these same products.
- Installations are performed remotely or onsite and typically last a couple of days up to two weeks in rare cases.
- Install activities includes professional services pertaining to, as an example, Network Design ... as well as product training to client power user of Radio IP software.
- Support activities are performed out of it's calling center. From 8:00 am to 6:00 pm. Off Hour support is also granted for emergency type case only.