Quality Assurance Technician
Research and Development
Immediat Supervision :
Supervisor, Quality Assurance
Job Duration :
Radio IP (www.radio-ip.com) is a Montreal-based company specializing in the design, sale, installation, and technical support of VPN wireless connectivity solutions for public safety, emergency response and corporate markets.
The experienced QA technician will manage and execute test suites against our wireless VPN software in a structured Quality Control lab environment. Tasks also include maintaining and advancing lab equipment and practices as well as occasionally supporting other departments (customer service, development teams).
- Draft test cases and execute test plans against company products;
- Write detailed test reports based on existing or newly-developed test cases;
- Draft or edit test plans on company products;
- Set up server-client test environments with emphasis on optimizing the use of computer and radio equipment;
- Validate peer reviews and implement changes;
- Track recorded issues and change requests using an industry-leading bug tracking system.
Maintain Quality assurance-related knowledge
- Keep an eye on current and emerging test methods through web queries and field-related readings;
- Sample new test software oriented towards increased automation;
- Create or improve quality assurance control processes.
Maintain and support computer infrastructure
- Keep test computers up-to-date in order to ensure a functional, current and efficient work environment;
- Set up on-the-fly test environments featuring one or multiple company products for the purpose of replicating conditions reported by support and development teams;
- Coordinate tests around available lab equipment.
- College Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Technology or equivalent;
- 2 or 3 year experience as an IT Quality Assurance specialist;
- Trained in network environments and telecom basics;
- Familiar with the TCP/IP transport protocol;
- Comfortable with the Windows OS (XP, Vista, Win7, 2008 x86 et x64);
- Fluent in both French (written and spoken) and English (written).
- Advanced hardware knowledge (computers, modems, UHF or trunk radio systems, routers, and so on);
- Writing skills geared towards problem description and resolution;
- Familiar with Microsoft Office, InfoPath, SharePoint (mandatory);
- Familiar with Norton Ghost and Microsoft Deployment server (mandatory);
- Knowledge of source control tools such as Subversion and HP ALM (asset).
- Rigorous, inquisitive, attentive to detail;
- Team oriented;
- Easily adaptable to rapid changes and performance under pressure.